December 27, 2010

What I Got For Christmas Was...

...stomach flu. Yep. This year we had stomach flu floating around my house. Which meant I was feverishly sick in bed on Christmas Eve, so we had to postpone our celebrations for another day. I'm still recovering but definitely over the acute phase! Hope all of you had illness-free Christmases :)

But aside from stomach flu, I also got some fabulous gifts for Christmas, including (of course)...books! So just to wrap up my little "All I Want For Christmas Is..." meme, here's what I got:


From my wishlist and featured in my meme picks:


Jasmyn by Alex Bell
Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman

From my wishlist but I didn't get around to featuring them in my meme picks:


An Accomplished Woman by Jude Morgan
Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
Stork by Wendy Delsol

And a couple more practical books, not from my wishlist:


Networking for People Who Hate Networking by Devora Zack
Higher Education: On Life, Landing a Job, and Everything Else They Didn't Teach You in College by Kenneth Jedding

So yay! These should keep me busy for a while. Which books did you end up getting for Christmas? Did they match some of the ones on your wishlist? Link up below! :D

Oh, and thanks to everyone who participated in my meme! It's the first meme I've tried and I had a lot of fun with it - hope you did too :)




18 comments:

  1. Oh, no! One of my cousins got the stomach flu on Christmas Eve, too :( Her whole family stayed away from the family festivities to avoid spreading it. I got the stomach flu on Christmas Eve four years ago, so I think I have some idea of what you and my cousin went through. I'm glad you ended up with some books :) Also, thank you for the award--I'll pass it on soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor you! I'm glad you got some fabulous Christmas presents though. I've got Harmonic Feedback and Stork on my wishlist so I can't wait to see what you think about those two. Hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well the stomach flu is definitely not something you want for Christmas, so sorry you were sick! You got some great books though, I've heard Stork is fabulous, can't wait to see what you think! Hope you're feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got Stork! Yayyyyy! I loved it, and I hope you do, too, Danya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas is so not the time to be having the stomach flu! Though when is it ever a good time for that? I hope you'll feel all better soon!
    You got some great books and recovering from being sick is the perfect excuse to stay curled up on the couch with one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, poor girl! Hope you get well soon. Those look like great books! Happy reading!

    Mary
    The Book Swarm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, poor you! I'm glad you're feeling better now. And at least you got a bunch of great books to help make up for feeling sick. I'm curious about Stork.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you were sick for Christmas. Never a good thing...but it's especially nasty at the holidays when you want to enjoy yourself. Glad you got some good books, though! Got my post up--Santa(s) was pretty good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you get well soon. *sends well wishes* At least you have some awesome books to make up for it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of lovely books! Stork looks especially intriguing.

    P.S. At least the cover of the networking book is funny :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really sorry to hear that Danya! I'm glad you're feeling better now and I hope you are completely well soon. At least you've got some wonderful new books now to keep you busy while you're feeling ill- enjoy!. I'll be posting what I got very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stomach flu is not a good christmas gift! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry you were sick =( But you got some great reads! Stork sounds really original -- it's been on my radar for a while! And I've really wanted to read Where the Truth Lies. Looking forward to your reviews! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww, that's too bad you got the flu. :(

    Thanks for this meme though, I participated a couple of times and actually ended up getting most of the books I posted about. It worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for the well wishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry about the stomach flu! I know what you mean, though. The night before, I wasn't feeling well, so I only got two hours of sleep and was feeling very sick on Christmas! Have fun with all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry about the stomach flu! I loved the picture with the christmas tree of books! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails