December 17, 2010

Book Blogger Hop (21)

 
It's time again for the Book Blogger Hop! This awesome meme is hosted by Crazy-For-Books and this week's question is, "What do you consider the most important in a story: the plot or the characters?"

Good question! Well, usually it takes a bit for the plot to get going in a book. But I'm with the characters right from the start, and if I can't relate to or dislike those...I'm going to be tempted not to even bother continuing on to find out if the plot is a good one. 

That said, I may last longer if the characters are phenomenal - but if there is absolutely nothing happening, I could end up putting the book down and later forgetting I was ever reading it. 


I guess my answer ends up being that I need solid characterization to entice me from the beginning, but a well-written plot to keep me interested in the characters' journeys. But if I had to pick one, I think I'd go with characters.


Recent posts on the blog:


Matched: In A Nutshell


All I Want for Christmas Is... (10) - Getting into the holiday spirit? Share a book from your Christmas wishlist each week in my "All I Want For Christmas Is..." meme! Link your post up for this week here. This is the last post of this meme before Christmas, but after I'll be posting a "What I Got For Christmas Was..." and seeing how many books on my list made it under the tree! I'd love to see what everyone else got too :)
 
Waiting on Wednesday: Forgotten 

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books of 2011
 
Enchanted Ivy: Review


Hopping time!



8 comments:

  1. I had such a hard time with today's question. I don't think you can have one without the other. But, the characters are what usually keep me reading and why I invest my time in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hopping on through, Happy Holidays. This question has given me a headache lol , bouncing back and forth, right now say both.

    My Follow Friday/Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be the best Book Blogger Hop question I've seen to date.

    So what's the answer? Plot! Hop over to my blog and let me tell you how a good plot rescued bad characters from bad book oblivion.

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Danya. :]

    I like your answer. I think it's good to have balance between the two.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Stopping by via the hop. I'm your newest follower, you've got a great blog! Feel free to stop by my blog www.crazy-bookworm.blogspot.com.

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Danya,
    A LOT of bloggers have been choosing the characters... seems to be the popular choice!

    Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by from the blog hop....back for a visit.

    Lots of good answers to this week's tough question.

    Stop by my blog to see my answer to this week's question.

    Also check out a design site I found...pretty neat home decorating ideas...it is in the right side panel on my blog.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing a late hop back from the Friday hops. I was out of town this weekend and busier than I expected to be - hence the lack of Internet time. Hope you had a great weekend!
    Great point about characters being the first thing you really notice.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails