December 15, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Forgotten

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features books that we just can't wait to get our hands on!

Just one this week:


Forgotten by Cat Patrick


(These are the U.S. and Aussie covers. I really like the UK cover but I couldn't find an image of it that I could upload here).

Goodreads' description:

"Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies."

There's a slightly different blurb on the author's website:


"Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her memory of that day is erased.  In the morning, all London can “remember” are events from her future and the people who will play a part in it.  In order to get by, London relies on reminder notes and a trusted friend to navigate relationships and high school life. Adaptable by nature, she tries to view her memory loss as a fact of life rather than a condition. But when London starts experiencing disturbing flashbacks, or flashforwards, as the case may be, she realizes that in order to understand her present and her future, she must solve the mystery of her past. Part psychological thriller and part romance, Forgotten is for every reader who enjoys pondering life’s great “what-if” questions."

Okay, I was immediately intrigued by this premise. Playing with memory like that? Awesome. It sounds like an intense read.

 What books are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. This sounds incredible! Thanks so much for sharing this. I'm adding this to my wishlist stat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really interesting. I'll be looking forward to reading the reviews once it's published

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so interesting. I really like the cover on the right. It draws me in so much more than the one on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one sounds really gripping. I agree with SR, I prefer the cover on the right but I do like the left one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I love the premise too. I can't even imagine not being able to remember anything from the day before! Thanks for letting me know about this book because it's definitely going on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice pick, I havent heard too much about this one before but it sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds a bit like Momento, I'm going to have to keep an eye out for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really great and interesting. Great pick! Enjoy:)

    -leslie
    booksandmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds interesting! First time I read about it, nice pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one does sound fantastic, it was new to be before today and I'm so excited to have another book to add to my list. You can never have too many really:) Thanks Danya!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails