December 6, 2010

Forget-Me-Nots: The Enchanted Forest Chronicles

This is a feature on my blog for highlighting books I enjoyed in childhood and the teenage years that I don't see getting much attention nowadays.

This week's pick: the Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede (Dealing with Dragons, Searching for Dragons, Calling on Dragons, Talking to Dragons)





Description of Dealing with Dragons (taken from the back of my paperback copy, because I didn't like Goodreads' blurb):

"Take one bored princess. Make her the seventh daughter in a very proper royal family. Have her run away.


Add one powerful, fascinating, dangerous dragon.


Princess Cimorene has never met anyone (or anything) like the dragon Kazul. But then, she's never met a witch, a jinn, a death-dealing talking bird, or a stone prince either.


Princess Cimorene ran away to find some excitement. She's found plenty."

This is such a fun book - there's plenty of adventure, magic, humor, and fantastic characters. The sequels even add in some romance, too... I first read this series because it was in my sister's book collection. I read them, and re-read them, and re-read them...and now they are in my collection :D

I would have to say, I think my favorite is Searching for Dragons, because that one has Mendanbar in it, and he is fabulous. Also, because they spend a lot of time flying on an unpredictable magic carpet, LOL.

Any Patricia Wrede fans here?


4 comments:

  1. I love these books too! So does my daughter :-) She's now on to the Marelion the Magician ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVED these books. I love how Cimorene isn't your typical princess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. I LOVE this series. Haven't read it in forever, but I plan on picking it up one day to put on my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the first two books in this series and loved them! I really need to get around to reading the final two.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails