December 2, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is... (8)


This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get! I'll be posting my pick each Thursday, but you guys can link up and visit other people's posts all through the week.

This week's pick: The Twin's Daughter by Lauren Baratz-Logsted
From Goodreads:

"Lucy Sexton is stunned when a disheveled woman appears at the door one day... a woman who bears an uncanny resemblance to Lucy's own beautiful mother. It turns out the two women are identical twins, separated at birth, and raised in dramatically different circumstances. Lucy's mother quickly resolves to give her less fortunate sister the kind of life she has never known. And the transformation in Aunt Helen is indeed remarkable. But when Helen begins to imitate her sister in every way, even Lucy isn't sure at times which twin is which. Can Helen really be trusted, or does her sweet face mask a chilling agenda?
Filled with shocking twists and turns, The Twin's Daughter is an engrossing gothic novel of betrayal, jealousy, and treacherous secrets that will keep you guessing to the very end."
There aren't too many YA gothic novels out there, and this one just generally seems really different from standard YA fare. It sounds a little twisty psychologically, and what's not to love about "betrayal, jealousy, and treacherous secrets"? Also the cover is simple but elegant and I think the silhouettes work really well. And I totally only just noticed that the space between the girls forms a dagger...woah.

What books are you hoping Santa brings you? Link up your posts below! :D



10 comments:

  1. I SO need to read this, too! I love the premise and the cover! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good one for you! Hope it arrives under your tree. Got mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I totally hadn't noticed the dagger! O_O Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a bit like Her Fearful Symmetry but probably not as eerie :D Hope you find it under your tree & thanks again for hosting this great meme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks great! I have to add it to my Goodreads list now dang it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you get that one in your stocking! I read it for a book tour a few months back. There's a review on my blog if you'd like to check it out. It was a fantastic book. One of my favorites this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books that make my mind work. I have read a lot of reviews about this saying it's great and UNPREDICTABLE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this one soon too although it isn't on my Christmas list as I had to narrow it down a lot. I love the dagger in between the silhouettes, very clever and creepy!

    Yes Cecily is a real goody goody and Felicity can be at times too but I love her character too. I'm hoping to get the last Avonlea box set for Christmas (I haven't watched it yet)- I think I might cry at the end LOL :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVEEE this idea. It's great! I'll probably do one tomorrow after noon (:

    I'm a new follower (:

    ~T

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do I want for Christmas? The book you picked!! I read it and absolutely loved it.

    If you're interested, here's my review. I also did a cover review because, well, isn't that cover just awesome?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails