September 15, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Language of Souls & Where the Truth Lies

Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine and features books that we just can't wait to get our hands on!


This week's picks:


The Language of Souls by Lena Goldfinch




Description from the author's website:

"Actions speak louder than words…

Solena, a young healer with a generous heart, is desperate to heal her dying grandfather. When she ventures into a hostile territory to find a rare herb, she finds out just how much she’s risked when she’s captured by the enemy and accused of being a spy.

As a soldier, Rundan has struggled all his life to please his father, a ruthless army commander, but when he’s ordered to take the beautiful trespasser to the royal courts, where she’ll be summarily tried and executed, he’s plagued by the most inconvenient desire to protect her at all costs.

Though terrified and anxious to escape, Solena is confused by the handsome young soldier who cruelly captures her and then displays uncommon kindness. When he risks his own life to save her, she discovers she may have risked more than her life… she may have lost her heart."


The cover of this one is gorgeous and the whole healer/soldier dynamic sounds promising!

Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman




Goodreads description:


"On the surface, Emily Meckler leads the perfect life. She has three best friends, two loving parents, and the ideal setup at the Connecticut prep school where her father is the headmaster. But Emily also suffers from devastating nightmares about fire and water, and nobody knows why. Then the enigmatic Del Sugar enters her life, and Emily is immediately swept away—but her passionate relationship with Del is just the first of many things that aren't quite what they seem in Emily's life. As the lies she's been told start to unravel, Emily must set out to discover the truth regarding her nightmare; on a journey that will lead her to question everything she thought she knew about love, family, and her own idyllic past.

This companion novel to Warman's critically acclaimed Breathless proves that sometimes the biggest lies are told to the people you love the most." 


I haven't read Breathless, but I like the sound of all the secrets in Emily's life - and it sounds like something in her past is causing her these nightmares... intriguing! Also that cover is amazing...love the slanted font and the burgundy colors.

Also, for ten more books I'm looking forward to reading, go to my Top Ten Tuesday post here

And last but not least, exciting news: I won my first giveaway!!! I hardly ever win anything so I'm really thrilled :D


I won a copy of

from AuthorsNow! So a huge thank-you to them (and Denise Jaden) for this giveaway!


What books are you waiting on?

12 comments:

  1. oOooH Language of Souls sounds excitinggg!! *grumbles about how huge her TBR pile is getting*

    Check out my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both seems interesting!

    Congrats for your first giveaway :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool book selections. I hope you get your books and that you enjoy them. Check out what I am Waiting on Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where the Truth Lies sounds interesting, and the cover is great!
    Hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Language of Souls looks good! I hope you get your books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!

    And these look interesting, like very beautiful, touching stories... or... maybe terrifying ones, lol! I'll have to look into them!

    Check mine out here:
    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2010/09/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Language of Souls is interesting! I just love romance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi danya. lucky you! i've been wanting to read losing faith and where the truth lies looks and sounds good. hope you get your WoW books soon! :)

    michelle
    Michelle and Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover of Where the Truth Lies is so captivating! I love the skewed angle and the muted colors. It seems like it befits the story as well. I haven't read Breathless, but I think I need to check this series out. Congrats on winning your first contest! I've heard great things about Losing Faith! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved Where the Truth Lies. The Language of Souls sounds intriguing--have to check them one out. Thanks!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey!! That's my book! Thanks for the send up. :-)

    The Language of Souls is my first release and I'm so excited! :-) In fact, I just got my release date - the book comes out October 20, 2010. Just around the corner. (squeaks incoherently lol)

    Congrats on your contest win! :)
    Lena Goldfinch

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails