September 23, 2010

Forget-Me-Nots: The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks

This is a feature on my blog for highlighting books I enjoyed in childhood and the teenage years that I don't see getting much attention nowadays.

This week's pick:

The Plant That Ate Dirty Socks by Nancy McArthur

 (This was the cover of my copy...totally old-school style :D)

Goodread's description:

"The plant which Michael grows from mail-order seeds develops an appetite for dirty socks. Sloppy Michael and his neatnik brother convince their parents to let them keep the voracious greenery."

Okay, that description is way too short and doesn't do justice to the hilarity that is this book. Seriously, what could be more awesome than a plant that eats dirty socks? It's really funny, especially when you add in the fact that one brother is a neat freak, one is a slob, and there's a science fair going on at their school...

Plus, the title should win an award or something. 

I'm kind of doubting anyone else has read this one but...any takers?

5 comments:

  1. I read this so many years ago! Wasn't it like brown socks are chocolate flavored and something like that? Didn't the characters get weird looks when they kept buying so many socks at the store?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, someone else read it! Yes, I do believe the socks were flavored depending on their colour & the people at the store thought they were very strange (I think they kept having to think up excuses...) Good memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read it but thanks for the review. That is quite an interesting title :)

    Visiting from Saturday Situation!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha Ha! I remember those books! I don't remember reading this one, but many others with silly titles and silly story lines. Great meme idea!

    Visiting from Saturday Situation as well! Thanks for linking on mine (or Lori's) blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read this one but I definately remember all the old school covers from when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails