September 12, 2010

Award: Life is Good!



First of all, thanks so much to Danielle of Every Last Page for giving me this award! I really appreciate it.
 
Rules: 
To accept the award you must link back and thank the person who gave you the Life is Good Award and then answer the ten survey questions. Then you can pass it along to other blogs.
 
I'm passing it on to the following bloggers, because they are always dropping on by to comment and because their blogs are generally just awesome :)

Tina at Book Couture

Now, my answers to the following questions:

1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?

I guess I’m semi-anonymous? I do value my privacy so there’s some personal info I don’t include on here. But I’m happy with how it’s been so far!

2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:

I taught in Japan for a year and there were several times when I was tempted to give up and go home. But I persevered and I’m glad I did, because I have so many cherished memories of my time there!

3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?

Well, most people aren’t totally satisfied with their appearance, but on the whole I’m fairly pleased. Unless I’ve just gotten out of bed or something (but really, who does look good then?)

4. What is your favourite summer cold drink?


Hmmm…well, my all-time favorite drink is rootbeer, and it’s still good to have during the summer! I also sometimes like shandies for hot days (beer and ginger ale combined).

5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?

Play guitar! I love to sing and write songs. Also creative writing. And, um, of course, reading!

6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?

For sure – the number one thing being that I want to figure out what I want to do with my life! Haha, I’m in one of those career path transitions at the moment, but right now I’m thinking about going into editing/publishing.

7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?


Shy overachiever – does that count?

8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?


Well, not sure how poignant this is, but when I found out I’d been accepted as an Assistant Language Teacher and would be going to teach English in Japan for a year, I was pretty ecstatic!

9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?

I think my genuine opinions come through pretty clearly in my reviews and other posts, but I do tend to like to stay on topic rather than delving into purely personal things.

10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?


I really hate talking on the phone (especially calling up people I don’t know) so definitely, definitely reading. No dilemma there!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your award Danya and thank you so much for passing it onto me. It made my day!
    I'm a bit of a shy overachiever too and also I think that going into editing/publishing would be great for you as you love books. I hope it all works out for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails