September 14, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'm Dying To Read

The "Top Ten Tuesday" meme is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, and this week's topic is: books we are dying to get our hands on! These are by no means all the books I'm looking forward to reading, but I tried to pick an assortment of various genres, and also some that are less well-known.

1.) Matched by Allyson Condie - this is my number one anticipated book right now! I've heard so many excellent things about it, and it's dystopian with a romance - what could be better???


2.) Fallen Grace by Mary Hooper - a mystery involving orphans in Victorian London...sounds intriguing!

3.) Jasmyn by Alex Bell - It's supposed to be part fairytale for adults and part thriller...can't wait for this one.

4.) Delirium by Lauren Oliver - I enjoyed Oliver's Before I Fall and like Matched, this one involves dystopian + romance!

5.) Must've Done Something Good by Cheryl Cory - this one's already been released but I haven't managed to get my hands on a copy yet. I love stories about teaching that are part humor, part inspirational, and this sounds just like that!


6.) The Truth About Celia Frost by Paula Rawsthorne. Celia's grown up knowing she has a disorder that could kill her...or that's what she thought. But a knife attack leaves her wondering what kind of secrets have been kept from her, and she's determined to find out. Sorry, no cover yet (in fact there isn't even an entry yet for it on Goodreads).

7.) Entwined by Heather Dixon - Okay, part of it is just that I adore this cover. But also, it sounds like it's based on the story of the twelve dancing princesses and as you know I love fairytale retellings!


8.) Losing Faith by Denise Jaden - this one involves death and secrets and cults, from what I understand. Sounds gritty and emotionally intense!


9.) Memento Nora by Angie Smibert - another dystopian, this one's premise sounding reminiscent of Brave New World. You can pop a pill anytime you want to forget something. But Nora wants to hold onto her memories and rebel... Memory is such a slippery thing so it's really interesting when stories play on it.

10.) Divergent by Veronica Roth - I just found out about this one and the premise sounds phenomenal. It's a dystopian world where people are grouped into five factions, each representing a particular virtue. Beatrice must select one faction when she turns sixteen, and then undergo initiation...and sounds like there's secrets and romance in there too! Also, that cover = WOW.

11 comments:

  1. I can't wait for Matched or Delirium either! Great list, I am going to add some of those to my TBR list. Here is my top ten: http://everylastpage.blogspot.com/2010/09/top-ten-books-i-am-dying-to-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just added a whole bunch of new, great sounding books to my TBR! Thanks! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Memento Nora either! I'm definitely waiting for that one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list, there :) I have both Matched and Divergent on my Wishlist, they sound pretty decent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matched sounds very intriguing. I must seek it out.

    Here's my list:
    www.readerbuzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! Quite a few of these would make my list too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fallen Grace looks really interesting and I'm super excited for Delirium.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that you'll love Fallen Grace and I *love* the cover of Entwined, it's gorgeous. I've put it on my TBR list. I know that you love fairy tale retellings so I think that you might like the sound of The Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickinson which was released yesterday. Here's my post about it:http://bestfriends-books.blogspot.com/2010/09/newly-released-healers-apprentice-by.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot about Matched and Memento Nora!

    Great List :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list! I also have Delirium on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was able to get my hands on Matched with a tour and loved it- you are in for a treat!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails