November 25, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is... (7)


This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get! I'll be posting my pick each Thursday, but you guys can link up and visit other people's posts all through the week.

This week's pick: Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman
From Goodreads:

"On the surface, Emily Meckler leads the perfect life. She has three best friends, two loving parents, and the ideal setup at the Connecticut prep school where her father is the headmaster. But Emily also suffers from devastating nightmares about fire and water, and nobody knows why. Then the enigmatic Del Sugar enters her life, and Emily is immediately swept away—but her passionate relationship with Del is just the first of many things that aren't quite what they seem in Emily's life. As the lies she's been told start to unravel, Emily must set out to discover the truth regarding her nightmare; on a journey that will lead her to question everything she thought she knew about love, family, and her own idyllic past.This companion novel to Warman's critically acclaimed Breathless proves that sometimes the biggest lies are told to the people you love the most."

This one sounds full of mystery and secrets! I haven't read Breathless but it sounds like Where the Truth Lies works as a stand-alone, and I'm intrigued by Emily discovering the truth about her past and her nightmares. Also, the cover = gorgeous, love the angles used and the color of her outfit.

And to add to the holiday spirit... here are some pics from my yard today. Is it ever snowing! (So unusual for Vancouver at this time of year!)




What books are you hoping to find under the tree? Link up below!



10 comments:

  1. Great choice! I love the cover for that one. I linked mine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oo me too! This book sounds really interesting and the cover is amazing!

    Happy Thanksgiving! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on time this week, yay :D Thanks again for hosting this great meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting this book too!

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pick is great. I totally agree about the cover. I love the angle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...so my name should NOT have (Death Is a Lonely Business) on there. Just Bev@My Reader's Block.

    Sounds like your book would be really interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First off - I love your yard and the snow! Living in Texas we rarely see any.

    Your books sounds interesting! I want to know what the nightmares mean!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow - that snow looks BRILLIANT!

    I've never been in the snow... and it's HOT here right now - so it makes it look even more inviting.

    I like the book pick you have too - haven;t heard much about that one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so much snow!! it looks like that near my house too. the trees look so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails