November 11, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is... (5)


This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get! I'll be posting my pick each Thursday, but you guys can link up and visit other people's posts all through the week.

This week's pick: Jasmyn by Alex Bell

From Goodreads:

One day, without warning, Jasmyn's husband died of an aneurysm. Since then, everything has been different. Wrapped up in her grief, Jasmyn is trapped in a world without colour, without flavour - without Liam. But even through the haze of misery she begins to notice strange events. Even with Liam gone, things are not as they should be, and eventually Jasmyn begins to explore the mysteries that have sprung up after her husband's death ...and follow their trail back into the events of his life. But the mysteries are deeper than Jasmyn expects, and are leading her in unexpected directions - into fairytales filled with swans, castles and bones; into a tale of a murder committed by a lake and a vicious battle between brothers; into a story of a lost past, and a stolen love. She's entering a magical story. Jasmyn's story.

This was one of my WoW picks a long time ago, and I still haven't managed to get my hands on it, so now it's on my wishlist! This one's an adult novel, not YA, but really sounds different...dark and intriguing. I'm interested to see how the fairytale aspect is incorporated into Jasmyn's reality and the story of her husband's death. Also pretty cover, love that castle!

What books do you want for Christmas? Link up below!



9 comments:

  1. Hmmm...sounds very intriguing! Hope you finally get your hands on it! I've uploaded mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This book sounds awesome!! Not my usual cup of tea, but that synopsis totally won me over!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool meme! Did you make that book sculpture? It's incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cover! Looks very interesting. Hope you find this under your tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that sounds like a great book. Hope Santa brings it to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not wild about adult novels but this one does sound intriguing! Great choice Danya. Hope you find it wrapped in something shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds good! I have to look that one up! Hope you get it for christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hummmm--a world without color? Sounds interesting. Might have to see if I can find it out there in the wild. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for reminding me to post, Danya :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails