October 21, 2010

All I Want For Christmas Is...(2)


This is a feature/meme where I choose a book each week leading up to Christmas and say why it's made it onto my wishlist – and I'd love to see what books everyone else is hoping to get! I'll be posting my pick each Thursday, but you guys can link up and visit other people's posts all through the week.
 
This week's pick: Give Up The Ghost by Megan Crewe

From Goodreads:

Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts over "breathers". Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody... and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees. 

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim's life, she's surprised to realize he's not so bad — and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it’s time to give the living another chance...

I first saw this one reviewed very positively on Amber's blog, and it sounds like a light, fun read! I'm not normally huge on ghosts but this one sounds like it combines real life and the paranormal really well, and I have liked other ghost books in the past (Meg Cabot's Mediator series, for one.) Also from what I understand Crewe does a fabulous job of characterization, so all in all this one seems promising! (And that cover is really cute, too.)

What books are on your Christmas wish list?



18 comments:

  1. Aww this does sound like a sweet read! I'm not usually big on ghosts either. The only one I've really liked was the Mediator Series =) I think for some reason ghost books scare me more than other paranormals....maybe because some part of me deep down believes that ghosts are actually a possibility? Whereas vampires, werewolves and faeries (oh my!) aren't? Lol. I don't know...but I can't wait to see how this one stacks up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this meme! What a great idea! And I like the book you put on your wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice- I enjoyed this one.
    I just posted mine on my blog and linked with linky
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Danya. So glad you want this book because of my review. It really was an awesome read and like you mentioned, Crewe is a master of blending the paranormal with the normal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a new meme. I love it and have started mine this week. Is it always going to be on Thursdays?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great meme idea! I missed the first posting, so I gave my first two choices in the post linked above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...that's weird. I put in my link (which should have "All I Want for Christmas" in the name and my link about says Bev@My Readers Block(Bohemian Girl). The Bohemian Girl has nothing to do with my Christmas wishes.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having fun visiting everyone's posts!

    @Casey: I think you may be right about the ghosts thing. Because they're not corporeal, it seems slightly more likely that they could really exist...

    @Bev: No worries, fixed the title of your link!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a fun meme. I know there are online gift exchange/Secret Santas going on. Did you sign up? You might get some books from your wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great idea, only I seem to be slowly buying the books I've been putting on my Christmas list... Doh! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great new feature! I love that book tree! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi this is my first time here! Nice meme! My choice is The Texas Wager by Jodi Thomas! I love romances!
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy! I thought it was a cute book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read this one and enjoyed- hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. +JMJ+

    It sounds great! I wish I had heard of it earlier. I need to get more ghosts into my Paranormal YA reading. Thanks for featuring this, Danya. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muffins and Mayhem

    http://joannsbest.blogspot.com
    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  17. Couldn't see where to link my blog, but will post this on my main blog.

    Love this idea!

    I am a new follower too!

    Dana@ http://bookgirlknitting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it!!!

    Check out mine at http://fantasmagoriese.blogspot.com/2010/12/all-i-want-for-christmas-is.html

    (I couldnt get it to link :()

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails