August 9, 2010

In My Mailbox

In this meme, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, we share the books we've received, bought or taken out from the library. This is my first time participating - I just found a whole bunch of new YA books at my local library, so I thought it would make a good first In My Mailbox post!

Ghostgirl by Tanya Hurley
Last Train from Kummersdorf by Leslie Wilson
Story Time by Edward Bloor


Sister Wife by Shelley Hrdlitschka 
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
The Red Necklace by Sally Gardner
 
  
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta  

Any recommendations for which I should read first?

2 comments:

  1. I read Ghostgirl and was really hoping it was going to be great but I honestly didn't love it. I gave the second one a chance too but I just wanted more from it. I'm not a huge fan of 3rd person which doesn't help and I really felt it was hard to connect with the main character. I really hope you have a better time with it then I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jellicoe Road! Jellicoe Road, Jellicoe Road!!

    It's AWESOME!!!! trust me, one of the best books I've ever read, might not grab you from the start (It did grab me but I've heard some people say that it's hard to get into it) but give it a couple of chapters, it will.

    Ghostgirl is nice - and whoever designed the book did a great work - but I liked the sequel better (Homecoming).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails