You may have seen my announcement about the 2012 "New Adult" challenge a few days ago. Thanks to everyone who's signed up so far! I'm so pleased to see such a strong interest in "new adult" books (publishers, take note!)
Anyway, I'm not sure yet which titles I'll be reading for the challenge, so I turn to you, dear readers, for suggestions. What books featuring college-aged (or at least post-graduation age) protagonists have YOU read? Which do you recommend? If they're not on this Goodreads list, feel free to add them!
Ones I'm considering include:
- Rose by Any Other Name by Maureen McCarthy
- Finding Grace by Alyssa Brugman
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (Ashley from Book Labyrinth has recommended this one more than once, so I am hoping to get my hands on it!)
- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (this one could work for next year's Psychtember, too!)
- When the Stars Go Blue by Caridad Ferrer
- Vicious Little Darlings by Katherine Easer
- Bunheads by Sophie Flack
- Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
- Kiss the Morning Star by Elissa Janine Hoole
- Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
- Unaccounted For by Nan Willard Cappo
- The Survivors by Amanda Havard
And, if I can get ahold of some Australian books...
- Good Oil by Laura Buzo
- Something in the World Called Love by Sue Saliba
- Black Painted Fingernails by Steven Herrick
- Circles of Stone by Pamela Rushby
- Suburban Freak Show by Julia Lawrinson
(Big thanks to Nomes at Inkcrush for her awesome post on Aussie YA reads with older main characters!)
Have you read any of the ones on this list? Got some more to suggest? Recommend away! If you haven't signed up for the 2012 "New Adult" Challenge yet and you would like to, go HERE.
And authors, if you'd like me to know about (or even better, review!) your "new adult" book, feel free to e-mail me with the info!