November 6, 2011

In My Mailbox (41)

In this meme, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, we share the books we've received, bought or taken out from the library.


For review:



Harbinger by Sara Wilson Etienne (from the author. Thanks, Sara!) — it came with an awesome squeaky toy (crying blood?) and a pamphlet with a map of the academy in it :)



Gifted/won (from the Ontario Book Blogger Meet-Up held yesterday in Toronto):


iBoy by Kevin Brooks
The Storm Makers by Jennifer E. Smith
The Catastrophic History of You & Me by Jess Rothenberg
Fever by Lauren DeStefano

 And assorted swag, including a signed Delirium bookplate and a Random House Canada mug!

Thanks so very much to the Ontario Blog Squad (Jackie from My Ever Expanding Library, Liz from Midnight Bloom Reads, Nicole from All I Ever Read..., Mel from He Followed Me Home...Can I Keep Him?, Christa from Hooked on Books,  Mocha ღ Latte from A Cupcake and a Latte, Angel from Mermaid Vision Books, and Jen from Lost in the Library) for taking the time and effort to put such a fabulous event together! I had an awesome time meeting bloggers I had previously only known virtually, and of course, chatting about bookish things :)

This was such a great opportunity since normally I'm in BC and wouldn't have had the chance to meet the Ontario bloggers, but since I'm out east doing my internship it all worked out! (Psst...BC book bloggers, we should do something like this!)

Also a great big thanks to the publishers who supplied all the awesome gifts and prizes!!

15 comments:

  1. Oooh great mailbox! Wither looks great! I hope you enjoy all you got!

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little package for Harbringer is adorable. It looks like a really fun read. I also see Fever there! So jealous! I can't wait for that novel to come out so I can find out what is going to happen.

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANG! everyone got fever at that thing! i am so jealous!

    here's my first ever IMM! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe i didn't know I was following your blog. The meet up was so much fun, it was great meeting you and talking about bones :P

    http://bookmigik.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh the Delirium book plates are very cool, I hadn't seen those ones before.

    It's interesting to see all the different books that people got in their bags. =)

    Yesterday was so much fun, I'm so pleased you were able to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had such a fun time meeting you yesterday, Danya! (And yes, I can still picture you holding a red-stamp for your internship, lol. ^.~)

    I agree with Amber; the package you received for Harbinger is so cool!

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Harbringer looks awesome! I wish I could have gone to the Ontario Blog Meet but I found out about it too late :( Oh well Great haul!

    International EVE by Anna Carey giveaway

    SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! You got a bunch of great books! :) Fever looks gorgeous, but I've yet to read the Chemical Garden series.

    Happy reading! :)

    My IMM: http://aneverendingfantasy.blogspot.com/2011/11/in-my-mailbox-omgwtf-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOH HARBINGER!!! I am ridiculously jealous :) The toy and map are so cool! I really hope you love it, it looks and sounds amazing.


    EEEEE AND YOU GOT FEVER *STEALS* So excited for that, aswell as Catastrophic History <3

    You had an awesome week, enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm really curious about Harbinger. I love the cover and it sounds awesome. Great haul this week!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. A map! A map is almost always a sure sign of a good book. :) I hope you like Harbinger. I've been too cover-judgy with that one so I'm trying to keep an open mind and wait for reviews. I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. iBoy looks interesting. Let me know how it is! Great meeting you Saturday. It was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was awesome meeting you on Saturday!! And yess, BC bloggers should do something like that! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails