January 7, 2017

2017 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge

http://www.passagestothepast.com/2016/12/2017hfreadingchallengesignup.html

This is a new challenge for me, but since I normally read at least a few historical fiction books a year, I figured why not join a challenge for that?

This challenge is hosted by Passages to the Past, and I'm choosing the Victorian Reader level of 5 books, which is both:

a) attainable (I hope!), and
b) appropriate since the Victorian Era is one of my favourites.

Here are a few books on my shelves that would work for this challenge:

- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama
- In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters
- The Mirk and Midnight Hour by Jane Nickerson
- The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth
- The Midnight Rose by Lucinda Riley
- The Distant Hours by Kate Morton

If you'd like to join in, you can sign up for the challenge here, and tweet about the challenge using #2017HFReadingChallenge!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the challenge! I enjoyed Monstrous Beauty much more than I was expecting. Hope you get to read it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails