January 2, 2016

#RockMyTBR Challenge

ROCK (1) 

Happy New Year, everyone! I'm going to try taking part in a few challenges this year, in the hopes of motivating myself to read more books than I did in 2015 (which was a woefully sad reading year for me, due to being in my last year of grad school and having no time for reading fun things).

To start off with, I'll be joining the #RockMyTBR Challenge! This challenge is hosted by Sarah at The YA Book Traveler, and it is perfect for me because a) there are a TON of books sitting on my shelves that *need* to get read, some of which were gifted to me over the past few years and I just have no excuse anymore, and b) it has a guitar/music theme because of the whole "Rock My TBR" name and I play guitar, so it's even better.

The challenge is pretty simple: read a (published) book a month that you already own.  

You can use the hashtag #RockMyTBR to tweet about the challenge, there'll be Twitter chats (and probably giveaways!) and you can update monthly about your progress on Twitter/your blog/a vlog/etc.

Sarah suggests making a list of books you hope to read for the challenge, to see if anyone else wants to buddy-read them with you, so here goes:

- Banner of the Damned by Sherwood Smith (I've just started this one but it is MASSIVE and scares me. I mean, it's almost 700 pages long. But I want to at least take a decent stab at it!)

- Deathsworn by Leah Cypess

- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (I know, I'm pretty much the last person on Earth to have not read this. I should just read it already.)

- Where I Want to Be and The Julian Game by Adele Griffin

- The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell

- The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon (I have tried to start this one a couple times and haven't gotten very far, but I think I need to give it a little longer before officially DNF-ing.)

- Split by Swati Avasthi

- The Distant Hours and The House at Riverton by Kate Morton (technically these are my sister's, but I borrowed them from her so they're on my shelves at the moment)

- A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty

- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

- Pivot Point by Kasie West

- In the Shadow of Blackbirds by Cat Winters

Honestly, these are just a few of the many, many, many books I have sitting on my shelves that I need to read. But if you're doing the challenge and any of them are also on your list, let me know!!

If you'd like to join in the fun, you can read all the details and link up your blog post here on Sarah's blog.

🎸



1 comment:

  1. Wow, this should probably be my main challenge this year because there are unfortunately a ton of lonely books on my shelf that I haven't read yet. I don't have any in common with you, however. I've read Deathsworn and The Bone Season (both meh) and TFiOS (not as good as the hype, but I still really loved it). I wish you the best completing this challenge! And in the meantime I should also draw up the list of unread books on my shelf to read...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails