Below are some more 2012 challenges I'm signing up for and books I think I may read for them:
Sophomore Reading Challenge:
This challenge, hosted by Shanyn of Chick Loves Lit, is to read 10 second (sophomore) YA or MG books by authors, released in 2012. They can be either in a series or a standalone, and Shanyn has created a Goodreads list with plenty of suggestions for the challenge. I think there are quite a few second YA novels being published in 2012 that I'd be reading anyway, so why not complete a challenge at the same time?!
Books I'm considering:
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand
- In Honor by Jessi Kirby
- Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
- The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton
- Never Enough by Denise Jaden
- Outpost by Ann Aguirre
- The Forgetting Curve by Angie Smibert
- Try Not to Breathe by Jennifer Hubbard
- Ferocity Summer by Alissa Grosso
- First Comes Love by Katie Kacvinsky
All the information and sign-ups are here.
TBR Pile Reading Challenge:
Let's face it, I keep buying, winning or receiving books as gifts and then they sit on my shelf and collect dust...this needs to change! I'm hoping to make inroads on the nice finished copies that have been languishing on my shelves. Hence why I'm signing up for this challenge! It's hosted by several different bloggers, and there are mini-challenges and giveaways involved along the way :) You can read all the details and sign up here.
These are the challenge guidelines, taken directly from Evie's blog Bookish:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012.
- As we would like to see quality reviews linked up to our monthly wrap-ups, only bloggers can enter. Sorry about that!
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your shelf for some time now. Only books released in 2011 and earlier! NO ARCs and 2012 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed!
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the 2012 TBR PILE Reading Challenge (You need to include the info + host list + challenge button. You can also grab the button code and add it to your sidebar!)
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- At the end of each month one of the hosts will post a wrap-up. Every wrap-up will have it's unique theme, a mini-challenge, a giveaway and place for you to link up your reviews from this month. For
each review you link up, you will get one entry in a drawing of one
book of choice from Book Depository. It's open to INTERNATIONALS. For
participating in the mini-challenge you will get +1 entry.
- If you miss a wrap-up post + giveaway, you can link up your reviews next month. Do not, however, try to link up one review twice - we will be checking ;)
- December is a wrap-up for the whole year. All the book reviews you linked up January-November + the ones you'll link up in December will be entered into a HUGE giveaway - 12 books, 12 winners, INTERNATIONAL.
- You don't have to follow all the hosts to join the challenge, but you do have to follow all of us to be entered in giveaways!
Here is the host list:
Evie from Bookish - http://www.evie-bookish.
Nicole from All I Ever Read - http://www.nicoleabouttown.
Bonnie from Hands and Home - http://www.handsandhome.ca/
Donna from Book Passion For Life - http://bookpassionforlife.
Caitlin from WatchYA Reading - http://whatchyareading.net
Rie from Mission To Read - http://missiontoread.com/
Vicky from Books, Biscuits & Tea -http://booksbiscuitsandtea.
Christa from Hooked On Books - http://christashookedonbooks.
Jenna from Fans Of Fiction - http://fansoffiction.blogspot.
Angel from Mermaids Vision - http://mermaidvision.
And these are the levels:
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
I'm signing up for the easiest level (A Firm Handshake, 1-10 books), but we'll see how it goes.
Books I'm considering:
- Tyger, Tyger by Kersten Hamilton
- Raw Blue by Kirsty Eagar
- Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe
- What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
- Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- Tortall and Other Lands by Tamora Pierce
- The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
- Ingo by Helen Dunmore
- Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
Just Contemporary Reading Challenge:
Ashley from Books from Bleh to Basically Amazing co-hosted the Just Contemporary event last year, and this year she's hosting a challenge, too! I'm going with the first option (just generally reading more contemporary, versus the "mix it up" option) since contemporary isn't my favourite genre, but I really should read it more often. After all, a couple of my top books read in 2011 (Anna and the French Kiss and Forbidden) are contemporary :)
Books I'm considering:
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
- The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
- Wanderlove by Kirsten Hubbard
- Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
- Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
A bunch from my lists for the Sophomore and TBR Pile challenges would count for this one, too. *points up* Details and sign-ups are here.
Have you signed up for any of these challenges?