January 18, 2020

2020 Reading Challenges

It is time again to sign up for reading challenges, so here's what I'm thinking I'll be doing this year:


As usual, I've signed up for the Goodreads challenge -- 40 books seems to be a good number for me to achieve and surpass, so I'm keeping that the same as the past couple years.

https://thequietpond.com/2019/12/03/welcome-to-startonyourshelfathon-read-the-books-on-your-shelf-and-help-castor-the-star-collector-find-the-stars-sign-ups

#StartOnYourShelfathon, hosted by The Quiet Pond -- this is a year-long readathon to tackle all the books sitting on your shelf, collecting dust! I think this is new to 2020, if I'm not mistaken? You can "collect a star" for each book you've read, and keep track on your star map. It seems pretty flexible, as participants can set their own goals for how many books they'd like to read. I think I'm going to set it at 25 books, and here are some of the ones I'd really like to get read this year:

- The Hate U Give
- Shadow Study
- Mistress of Rome
- The Last Summer
- The Book of Lost and Found
- Sweet Damage
- In the Shadow of Blackbirds
- Ultraviolet
- The Ballroom
- Elantris
- Paper and Fire
- Sorcerer to the Crown
- The Last Magician
- The Bear and the Nightingale
- Deafening
- The Clockmaker's Daughter
- The Winter Rose
- Maid of Wonder
- Close Enough to Touch
- Down a Dark Hall
- How to Find Love in a Bookshop
- Mr. Rochester
- Frenchman's Creek
- Doctor Death
- Bath Tangle
- The Woman Who Heard Colour

I completed my goal for the Finishing the Series challenge last year (hosted by Celebrity Readers), finishing 4 series! I have plenty more that I either need to finish or give up on, so I'm joining in again with this challenge. I'll still be aiming for the lowest level, C-List Series Finisher, 1-4 Series.


Some sequels I've got hanging around on my shelves that I have not yet read:

- Mortal Heart
- Outpost
- Enshadowed and Oblivion
- Reached
- Gemina

I did really well last year on the Modern Mrs. Darcy Reading Challenge (hosted by Anne at Modern Mrs. Darcy) last year, so hopefully I can do the same in 2020! Here's the checklist for the challenge:


I like to pick a sort of "quirky" challenge that has some different sorts of categories, so this year I'm going with the 2020 Pick Your Poison Reading Challenge (hosted by Gregory Road).

I think I'll start with the "Baker's Dozen" level -- one category from each of 13 topics. I'm not sure yet which categories I'll end up reading from, but here are a few examples:

- A book about lies
- A dark fantasy book
- A book by an author you always read
- A book about twins
- A book about a teacher
- A book whose title could be a Country song
- A book with binoculars on the cover
- A folk/fairy tale retelling in a non-western setting
- A story about a widow or widower
- A book that inspires you to go for a walk
- A book about a treasure hunt
- A book about nomads
- A book with a map on the cover
- A book with a narcissistic character
- A book about your parents' generation
- A book by a woman of colour

What 2020 reading challenges have you signed up for?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your reading challenges. I usually set a goal for the year, but don't necessarily join any specific challenges. Hope you get a lot of the books read that you want to read. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails