June 11, 2017

Short & Sweet: Fangirl

16068905Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

This was a cozy, feel-good sort of read. I liked and related to Cath (apart from her obsession with Simon Snow fanfiction, which I felt was kind of excessive) and just generally, the characters felt real and fully formed. Some great bits of humour throughout, but also some true-to-life issues that gave the story a little more depth. I enjoyed this journey with Cath, and I think this is probably the best example I've read so far of what I had imagined "New Adult" fiction could be like.




1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. I was a bit turned off by the Simon Snow fanfic at the beginning but by the end of the book I also became a fan. Carry On is also very entertaining and I like how it pokes fun of the "the one" trope in fantasy.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails