January 28, 2011

Book Blogger Hop (24)

 
Yes, that's right...time again for the Book Blogger Hop! This awesome meme is hosted by Crazy-For-Books and this week's question is, "What book are you most looking forward to seeing published in 2011? Why are you anticipating that book?"
    
I have to pick just one? Impossible. Divergent by Veronica Roth because it looks like such an exciting dystopian read, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab because I've been anticipating it for quite a while now and because it sounds really different from anything else I've read, and Abandon by Meg Cabot because, well, it's Meg Cabot, and it's a retelling of the myth of Persephone. 


Recent posts on the blog:

 - Is Personality Related to Genre? Help Me Find Out! 

Ever wondered if the type of books you read is linked to your personality? I am trying to figure it out! I'm running a survey on genre preference and personality in YA readers, so if you could take a moment to just answer a few questions I would be eternally grateful! :D I'm trying to get to 100 responses so I have a decent sample size to work with. Just click on the link above to go to the questionnaire.

- Outside Your Comfort Zone Challenge: Ideas for a Prize?
- Waiting on Wednesday: A Girl Called Tennyson and Sean Griswold's Head
- Forget-Me-Nots: Nobodies and Somebodies
- In My Mailbox (14)

Hopping time!

14 comments:

  1. I've only heard of Abandoned. I'll have to look up the other two. They sound interesting based on their titles and your description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna give Meg Cabot a try this year

    ReplyDelete
  3. A retelling of the myth of Persephone? Sounds interesting! So is your personality and genre survey. I'm wonder if you'll find a connection...
    Here's my book blog hop answer: http://amandavonhoffmann.com/2011/01/28/book-blogger-hop-128-131/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book I’m most expecting in 2011 is by an author I crossed off my “Favorite author” list.

    He’s back on that list now.

    Who’s the author? Raymond Feist? What’s the book? A Kindgom Besieged.

    Hop on over to my website to read all about it – http://www.howardsherman.net

    Howard A. Sherman, Implementor
    Get Inside a Story
    http://www.inthestory.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just hopping by! Great picks. I want to read Abandon as well. Don't you just love the cover?

    Reading Lark's Hop Post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have major cover love for Cabot's book. I'm really looking forward to that one and The Near Witch.

    Hope you're having a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping by to say have a great weekend!

    Already following :)

    Lu
    http://quickquotesquills.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes! I agree one hundred and fifty percent with your choices! For Meg Cabot's new novel: aren't you just in love with the cover? I think it's awesome. And I don't think I know a living, breathing book blogger who ISN'T looking forward to Divergent! It just sounds too cool for words. Plus, it's dystopian, which gets extra points from me. As far as, The Near Witch (That is an 'n', right?) I've seen this title around, but haven't heard too much about it. Sounds pretty neat though!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog and have a wonderful weekend!

    Be safe and happy reading,
    Asher K.

    P.S. New follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I took your survey! Can't wait to see your results!

    There's a plethora of great books coming out in 2011. I made a whole list of things I'm eager to read.

    http://www.madiganreads.com/2011/01/most-anticipated-books-for-spring-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment!

    I love Meg Cabot, but I didn't even know about this book yet. I'll definitely check it out now! I've never heard of the other two, but they sound interesting!

    Hannah (Paperback Tresures)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Divergent has been getting some hype and I've noticed quite a few YA dystopian releases this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog :]

    I'd never heard of Abandoned but it sounds really interesting! I just think of the underworld and I wanna read it lol
    And I took your survey! Definitely looking forward to seeing the results~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hopping by my blog Danya! I'm super looking forward to your event next month.

    There are so many novels out this year I am looking forward to so it was really hard to pick just one or three or fifty.... I am absolutely looking forward to all three you chose. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, I hadn't heard of Abandon but that really sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails