January 3, 2017

The Book Lode (23): Christmas 2016 Book Haul!

Time again for a vlog of my Christmas book haul! This Christmas was a particularly fruitful one in terms of books. Thanks very much to everyone who gave me these gifts!



Books received:

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Miss Buncle's Book by D. E. Stevenson
The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
The Midnight Queen by Sylvia Izzo Hunter
The Wild Girl by Kate Forsyth
Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler
Speaking in Tungs by Karla Jay
The Anxiety Toolkit by Alice Boyes
Surprise by Tania Luna and Liane Renninger
A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz
Grumpy (Parragon Publishing)

I also received Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell from a friend after I had filmed this vlog.


What books did you get this Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. the mask is back! :D Glad you got so many great looking books! I'm definitely curious to see what you think of The Wild Girl. I have a copy of that too, but haven't read it yet (I also still haven't read Bitter Greens!)

    I did enjoy Cruel Beauty, but it's...different. I can see you liking it. It kind of reminds me of Uprooted and the second part of The Princess Curse.

    I love that you bought a second copy of Jane Eyre because you didn't like the cover of the one you have. My Anne of Green Gables will be replaced for that same reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great haul! Fangirl is one of my favourites, I really hope you enjoy it! I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty as well, it was quite dark, but I liked it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails