November 20, 2010

2011 Debut Authors Challenge


This will be my first time participating in this challenge, hosted by The Story Siren, and I am excited for it! The goal of this challenge is to read at least 12 YA/MG debut novels being published in 2011, beginning January 1st and running until December 31st.

There are so many awesome-sounding books coming out next year. Here are some of the ones I'm hoping to read:

Warped – Maurissa Guibord
XVI – Julia Karr
The False Princess – Eilis O’Neal
Choker – Elizabeth Woods
A Touch Mortal – Leah Clifford
Wither – Lauren DeStefano
Entwined – Heather Dixon
Kat, Incorrigible – Stephanie Burgis
Divergent – Veronica Roth
Possession – Elana Johnson
Lost Voices – Sarah Porter
Memento Nora – Angie Smibert
The Near Witch – Victoria Schwab
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – Michelle Hodkin
Queen of Glass - Sarah J. Maas

 For all the details, see this post at the Story Siren's blog.

Who else is participating and what books are you looking forward to reading?

14 comments:

  1. I completely forgot to add Wither to my list! You picked out great debuts! Have fun with the Challenge Danya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're participating next year! I enjoyed it this year. So many great books coming out next year. With and Entwined look fantastic, do they not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Looking back, I think I've read a lot of debut authors this year (so far!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for joining the challenge! you've got a great list of books to read! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, can I say how flipping COOL it is that THE UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER made your list?!

    Thank you SO SO MUCH! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to sign up for this! I've been so busy with my intership I'm behind with everything.
    Love your choices! Especially Queen of Glass, I'm dying to read the finished version that one after discovering it on Fictionpress years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list- I hope you enjoy it! A bunch of those are on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow the author's blog: http://sjmaas.livejournal.com/
    She describes her main character: "Celaena is an eighteen year-old assassin, who loves shopping, books, and fine dining. Okay, there's more to her than that. Like the fact that she spent a year in slavery for her crimes, and that the King of Adarlan potentially offered her a second chance at freedom if she eliminates his enemies (keyword: POTENTIALLY....she's first got to prove herself trustworthy...or go back to slavery). Oh, and then there's her dangerous, secret past. And her penchant for getting into trouble. And her somewhat murky relationships with the playboy Crown Prince of Adarlan and the brooding, honor-obsessed Captain of the Guard."

    I'm sure I'll love it as much as I did back then :)
    As for my internship: I'm a medical intern, currently at Geriatrics (the doctor that treats only the elderly), it's my last week, so I really shouldn't be blogging, but studying...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time doing the challenge too. I'm really excited about XVI -- it's on my list too. How did you pick your tentative list?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck to everyone participating!

    @Michelle and Victoria: Can't wait to read them! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for first timers - me too!! I can't WAIT for Wither and Entwined.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great books on your list! So many super debut authors coming out in 2011! happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! I need to make mine soon :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails